5 Holiday events to check out in Dallas

Diana Cevallos, Contributing Writer

Attending several holiday events such as annual Christmas markets are some of the many things that typically take place around the holidays. This year it is a bit different but you can still get in the spirit by visiting some of these places while staying safe.

The Dallas Zoo
Through Jan. 3
650 S R L Thornton Fwy.

This year the Dallas Zoo is reimagining their annual holiday light event by turning the experience into a drive-thru event to make it safe for people to enjoy. The drive-thru experience will take vehicles through a 1.25-mile path, where passengers will get to see over 1 million sparkling lights elaborately displayed. Visitors will see everything from sparkling light sculptures to silk-covered animal lanterns and an ice castle from their own vehicle, as the zoo’s furry friends snooze. Concessions will be accessible at a stop halfway point along the road, as well as a stroll at the end of the park route if you want to get out of your car. The event will take place from 6:30-9:30 p.m. on select nights.
Price: $65 per car ($50 for zoo members)

Snowday
Through Jan. 3
13350 Dallas Pkwy. Suite #1218.

Snowday is an immersive holiday pop-up experience taking place at Galleria Dallas this season. Guests will experience over 11 holiday-themed rooms full of magical installations and holiday characters. Guests will have six extra-special photo moments taken with synchronized cameras and lighting. These photos are professionally processed and delivered straight to guests’ phones for free. Photos can also be printed at the gift shop.
Price: $22 for adults and $8 for children 4-12

Dallas Arboretum
Through Dec. 31
8525 Garland Road
At the Dallas Arboretum, every day of the year is magical, but it is especially magical during its annual 12 Days of Christmas exhibit. The garden will feature a 25-foot-tall Christmas tree, gazebos displaying elaborate holiday themes and Christmas villages across 66 acres. Santa will also visit the grounds. Visitors may also catch musical performances. The exhibit is open during the day and night, but the best experience is at night when 1 million lights illuminate the garden. Masks are required for visitors 5 and up.
Price: $17 for adults and $12 for children 2-12

Klyde Warren Park
Through Dec. 20
2012 Woodall Rodgers Fwy.
Klyde Warren Park will host seven tree-lighting events during December. The trees will be lit by Santa while students from Booker T. Washington High School students sing carols. The event is free. Masks are required. The tree lighting will be broadcast Dec. 20 on CBS 11 and KTXA 21.
Price: Free

Rooftop Cinema Club
Through Dec. 23
2999 N. Carroll Ave.
The Rooftop Cinema Club is a drive-in movie experience. They’ve added Christmas classics including “Home Alone,” “Love Actually” and “How the Grinch Stole Christmas.” Guests will be able to hear the audio by tuning in via FM radio and enjoy their own food or purchase something from the concession stands. Masks are required outside a vehicle.
Price: $28-$35 per movie