Binge Watch This

1. “House” 

A show about a doctor with a painkiller addiction, no filter and no respect for authority sounds like a train wreck worthy of watching already, but when you consider that he is also a mentor at a teaching hospital, it is impossible to look away. Hugh Laurie stars as the cranky Dr. Gregory House, whose hospital antics almost outweigh his genius in diagnosing the craziest of medical mysteries. Along with a team of medical experts, House takes on the medical cases other doctors cannot solve, but he does so while attempting to avoid the patients. “House M.D.” had eight seasons with 177 episodes spanning a little more than eight years. Though it ended in 2012, the zingers and shenanigans of Dr. House have not aged. – By Wes Terrell

2. “Grey’s Anatomy”

This series begins as Meredith Grey, played by Ellen Pompeo, starts her internship at Seattle Grace Hospital, following in the footsteps of her mother, Dr. Ellis Grey, a legendary surgeon. Meredith and her fellow interns face obstacles, both in their lives and on the surgical table, unlike anything viewers could imagine. “Grey’s Anatomy” is the perfect combination of love, lust and blood. The series is currently on its eleventh season with 60 awards, including People’s Choice Awards, Golden Globes Awards and GLAAD Media Awards. The show also had one spin-off series called “Private Practice.” Every episode will leave the viewer wanting more. No amount of “Grey’s” is too much. By Rebecca Reno

3. “Scrubs” 

“Scrubs” is not your typical medical TV show. This quirky comedy follows the lives of Dr. John “J.D.” Dorian, played by Zach Braff, and his colleagues at Sacred Heart Hospital as they struggle to balance work, relationships and adulthood. J.D. starts off as a clueless intern, but by the end of the series, he is a full-fledged attending physician. His best friend Turk, played by Donald Faison, is a surgeon who helps J.D. stay young at heart. “Scrubs” kept audiences laughing from 2001 to 2010 with J.D.’s ridiculous daydreams, a crazy janitor, a self-conscious lawyer, an evil chief of medicine and endless antics. Every now and then, the show surprised viewers by poignantly addressing issues such as parenthood, guilt and death. The ninth season of “Scrubs” kept only three of the show’s original characters and was both loved and hated. Returning cast members were as good as ever, but new characters and an uninteresting plot made the season fall short. In my opinion, it’s best to end this series at season eight. – By Megan Smith