Parking Policy

Brookhaven College has three reserved-parking areas for faculty and staff. One lot is labeled East-1. One is in the lot labeled X. The other lot is labeled West-2.

Each semester drivers who do not display a Brookhaven employee parking rearview mirror hang tag are issued a citation by the police department for parking in these spaces. The speed limit on campus is 20 mph and reduces to 10 mph in the parking lots.

The full parking policy is available online at www.brookhavencollege.edu.

Parking tags for Brookhaven employees are free and available at the Brookhaven College Police Department office, B200.

The following are procedures for parking violators at Brookhaven College:

1. Each semester, during the first two weeks of classes, the first violation will result in a warning citation.

2. The second violation of the same vehicle will result in a citation and the placement of a wheel-immobilizing device on the vehicle.

Fines must be paid at the Cashier’s window in S Building. To have the device removed, the driver must bring the receipt for the paid fine to the Brookhaven College Police Department office, B200.

3. The third week of classes, all violations will result in a citation and fine. If a second violation occurs, a wheel-immobilizing device will be placed on the vehicle.

4. Any subsequent violation may result in the car being towed at the owner’s expense.