State Fair of Texas returns for 132nd

[metaslider id=”6871″]

Britney Cellerini

The State Fair of Texas is back, with its doors swinging open at Fair Park in Dallas, Sept. 28 at 10 a.m. The fair will feature more than two dozen new foods, events and attractions.

One of 2018’s new food creations is Fernie’s Hoppin’ John Cake, a cake-like concoction deep-fried and topped with black-eyed pea relish and Jackpot sauce, according to bigtex.com. Fernie’s Hoppin’ John Cake won a 2018 Best Taste Big Tex Award, according to visitdallas.com.
    Other foods include corn dog ale and cotton candy tacos, a treat made of graham cracker and stuffed with cotton candy, according to Eater Dallas. 

The new attractions range from Amazing Archery, a live archery showcase featuring professional archer Frank Addington Jr., whose signature shot is hitting a baby aspirin flying in mid-air from behind his back.

The Livestock Birthing Barn, an educational attraction that highlights the incubation and birthing process of various livestock, will also be featured, along with the televised All-Star Stunt Dog Show, according to bigtex.com. Live music will be showcased with performances by Hunter Hays, Ludacris and other well known artist from different genres, according to guidelive.com.